MDC Trainings to Begin in May
Mathematics Design Collaborative sessions that will focus on coaching components will be held around the state beginning in May.
The sessions are available for instructional facilitators and school leaders who support teachers in MDC model implementation.
MDC focuses on building a student’s understanding of math concepts by working through problems rather than memorizing formulas and completing workbook problems.
The sessions, which are sponsored by the Arkansas Department of Education, Educational Renewal Zone offices and local Educational Service Cooperatives, will be held through the six ERZ locations. One additional session will be held in central Arkansas in July.
Other Session Dates and Locations:
- University of Arkansas at Monticello – May 20
- Southern Arkansas University in Magnolia – May 21
- Henderson State University in Arkadelphia – May 22
- University of Arkansas at Fort Smith – June 3
- University of Arkansas at Fayetteville – June 4
- Arkansas State University in Jonesboro – June 6
For more information, contact the local ERZ office or the ADE ERZ office at (501) 683-5780.
« Back to News