Teacher Appreciation Week: May 5-9, 2014
The Arkansas Department of Education and the State Board of Education appreciates the hard work, dedication and commitment of Arkansas teachers in their efforts to prepare all students for college and careers.
Suggestions for celebrating Arkansas teachers:
- Send a heartfelt, handwritten thank you note. Make it even more meaningful by including something specific the teacher has said or done that has made a difference to your child.
- Teachers treasure personal notes from their students.
- Involve class parents and setup a week of pampering – parents take turns bringing the teacher a treat in the morning or delivering lunch.
- Volunteer to coordinate to get needed materials for the classrooms.
- ‘Adopt’ a teacher without a dedicated class so s/he gets recognized, too. Art, music, PE, reading specialists, etc., are "everyone's" teachers but might get lost in the shuffle of Teacher Appreciation Week.
Additional resources for supporting teachers:
For more information, please contact:
Kimberly Friedman, Director of Communications
Arkansas Department of Education
Office of Communications
Four Capitol Mall, Room 403-A
Little Rock, AR 72201