Who is eligible to apply for Full State Funding for the NBCT application fee?
Those eligible for Full State Funding are teachers who:
- have three or more years of classroom teaching as a licensed educator in an Arkansas public school prior to candidacy are currently engaged in direct classroom instruction with students according to Act 1060 of 2001, Section 1(a)(1)
- possess a valid Arkansas standard teaching license
- can complete the certification process in 3-5 years
- are able to support the cost of retake entries
- are able to support the cost to repay state funds if certification is not achieved
- have a certificate/license area suitable to current teaching assignment, education, and experience
- have not received funding for National Board candidacy in the past.
« Back to FAQs