Who is eligible to apply for Full State Funding for the NBCT application fee?
Those eligible for Full State Funding are teachers who:
- have three or more years of classroom teaching in an Arkansas public school prior to candidacy with a provisional (1-year), an initial (3-year), or a standard (5-year) teaching license;
- are currently engaged in direct classroom instruction with students according to Act 1060 of 2001, Section 1(a)(1);
- possess a valid Arkansas standard teaching license;
- can complete the certification process in one to three years;
- are able to support the cost of retake entries if funding is not available;
- are able to support the cost to repay state funds if certification is not achieved;
- have a certificate/license area suitable to current teaching assignment, education, and experience;
- have not received funding for National Board candidacy in the past.