Arkansas Commission on Closing the Achievement Gap
The philosophy of the Commission on Closing the Achievement Gap is to ensure that all children have an opportunity for an education that will focus on equity as a means to achieve a closure in scores between and among diverse learning communities of students.
The Commission will focus on initiatives to ensure that the production of Highly Qualified Teachers (HQT) will be one of the means for closing the achievement gap. Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) will be a means for assessing gap closure. Building capacity for parents to become connected and more involved in the education of their children is yet another means for closing the gap. There are other gap closing initiatives that may be recommended as achievement closure strategies.
Next Regular Meeting:
For more information, please contact:
- 2010 Annual Report Posted 4/26/2012 pdf
- The achievement gap: Is your school helping all students succeed? Posted 5/17/2012 pdf
- 2012 Annual Report Posted 1/17/2013 pdf
- House Bill 2164 - Commission on Closing the Achievement GAP in AR Posted 1/17/2013 pdf
- 2012 Annual Report Appendix Posted 1/17/2013 pdf
- 2012 Bridging the GAP Symposium Materials Posted 1/17/2013 pdf