Augmented Benchmark Assessment and The Iowa Tests
The Arkansas Comprehensive Testing, Assessment, and Accountability Program (ACTAAP) is comprised of criterion-referenced test (CRT) and norm-referenced test (NRT) components including the Augmented Benchmark Examinations at grades 3 - 8 and The Iowa Tests® at grades 1 - 2 and 9.
The Augmented Benchmark Examinations for grades 3 - 8 combine the CRT and NRT components. The Iowa Tests comprise the NRT component of the Augmented Benchmark Examinations.
The focus of the testing at these grades is to identify those students who may be in need of remediation in the mathematics and English language arts curricula for grades 3 - 8 and in the science curriculum for grades 5 and 7.
All test items and materials for the CRT portion of the Augmented Benchmark Examinations are field tested before moving into full implementation. Field test items are embedded in the assessment.
The Iowa Tests of Basic Skills® will be administered to students in grades 1 - 2. The Iowa Tests of Educational Development® will be administered to students in grade 9.
The Benchmark Exam results are posted on the School Performance section of the National Office for Research, Measurement and Evaluation Systems (NORMES) web site. The Arkansas Hive web site also contains performance data charts and graphics.
Ancillary Materials - Spring 2013
Forms and Manuals:
- Pre-Assessment Meeting Handbook
- District and School Test Coordinators' Manual
- Test Administration Manual - Augmented Benchmark Grades 3, 4, 6 and 8
- Test Administration Manual - Augmented Benchmark Grades 5 and 7
- Test Administration Manual - Iowa Tests Grade 9
- Affidavit Waiver – Single Student
- Affidavit Waiver – Multiple Students
- Secure Material Transfer Form
- Administrative Feedback Form
- Report Interpretation Guide – The Iowa Tests Grades 1-2 and 9
Information for Educators, Parents and Guardians:
For more information, please contact:
- 2011 Archived Benchmark Ancillary Materials Posted 1/3/2011
- 2010 Archived Benchmark Ancillary Materials Posted 1/1/2010
- 2009 Archived Benchmark Ancillary Materials Posted 1/1/2009
- 2008 Archived Benchmark Ancillary Materials Posted 1/1/2008
- 2007 Archived Benchmark Ancillary Materials Posted 1/1/2007
- 2012 Archived Benchmark Ancillary Materials Posted 1/23/2013
- What is ACTAAP?
- Why is so much time given on the Augmented Benchmark Tests?
- Why can’t students just take some other test (or use other test results) to demonstrate performance?
- Who is required to take the Augmented Benchmark Examinations?
- How are teachers supposed to have time for instruction with all the testing required by the State?