Required Professional Development for License Renewal
According to the Rules for Professional Development each educator is required to obtain a minimum of 60 hours of professional development each year for license renewal.
The sixty (60) hours of required professional development include but are not limited to:
- Technology – 6 hours
- Arkansas History - 2 hours
- Parent Involvement – 2 hours
- Arkansas Scholarship Lottery Act
- Coaches: Health and Wellness of Students
- Teen Suicide Awareness and Prevention
- Child Maltreatment
Schools, districts, cooperatives, and approved PD providers may offer these professional learning opportunities. Licensed educators may also access these courses on Arkansas IDEAS.
For additional information regarding procedures and forms for submitting license renewal, please visit the Educator Licensure page.