The Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) is a 22-state consortium working together to develop next-generation K-12 assessments in English and math.
- Students who will know if they are on track to graduate ready for college and careers
- Teachers with regular results available to guide learning and instruction
- Parents with clear and timely information about the progress of their children
- States with valid results that are comparable across the member states
- The nation as it is based on college- and career-ready, internationally benchmarked the Common Core State Standards (CCSS)
In July 2010, the Arkansas Department of Education began a statewide campaign to engage faculty from the state’s schools and public institutions of higher education regarding the implementation of the Common Core Standards and ultimately, the PARCC assessment.
The PARCC assessment, which will be administered in Arkansas during the 2014-15 school year, will be able to determine the college and career readiness of a student in mathematics and English/language arts at the end of the junior year of high school. The state’s colleges and universities have agreed to utilize the results of the PARCC assessment to determine whether the student will be eligible to enroll in credit-bearing courses or engage in remedial study.
As a governing state in the PARCC initiative, Arkansas is also a part of the Advisory Committee on College Readiness (ACCR). The ACCR works with the PARCC Governing Board to shape the consortium’s strategy for working with postsecondary education systems, institutions, and K-12 to ensure the successful development of college readiness assessments that will be accepted as an indicator of readiness for first-year, credit-bearing courses by all colleges and universities across PARCC consortium states.
For more information, please contact:
- PARCC Assessment Administration Guidance Presentation Posted 10/20/2013 file
- PARCC Updates AAEA Summer Conference Posted 7/31/2013 file
- PARCC Assessment & Technology Guidance Webinar - PowerPoint Posted 4/9/2013 pdf
- PARCC Assessment & Technology Guidance Webinar Posted 4/8/2013
- PARCC Becomes a Non-Profit Posted 3/13/2013 pdf
- Assessment Capacity Planning Tool Posted 3/5/2013 file
- Assessment Administration Capacity Planning Tool Users' Guide Posted 3/5/2013 pdf
- PARCC Assessment Administration Guidance Posted 3/5/2013 pdf
- PARCC Releases Tool to Prepare Schools and Districts for Rigorous 21st Century Assessments Posted 3/5/2013 pdf
- PARCC Assessment Administration Capacity Planning Tool and Guidance Memo FAQs Posted 3/5/2013 pdf
- PARCC Fact Sheet Posted 3/5/2013 pdf
- The PARCC Assessment System: Timeline for Future Guidance Posted 3/5/2013 pdf