The Home School Office was established in October 1999 to promote collaboration between home school parents, public schools and the Arkansas Department of Education.
The primary responsibility of the Home School Office is to provide information and technical assistance on laws and regulations governing home schools to all interested persons.
Additionally, it is the responsibility of the Home School Office to modify, update and disseminate the Notice of Intent to Home School and Waiver Forms to all school districts before the current school year begins. Parents/guardians are required to file current year pre-printed forms with their local school district superintendent’s office on an annual basis according to state law.
The Home School Office receives home school student data from all 238 school districts. This information may be used only for statistical purposes and test administration. The office compiles and publishes a Home School Report in June of each year that provides enrollment statistics for the previous year.
It is our hope that the information contained herein will assist parents/guardians in meeting the requirements of the home school law and regulations.
The Home School Office considers it a privilege to be of assistance to home school parents, school districts and the general public.
- Online Form - Notice of Intent to Home School and Home School Waiver Form
- Tutorial for Online Form - Home School Intent Parent Guardian Tutorial
- Paper Form - Notice of Intent to Home School and Home School Waiver Form
- Example Notice of Intent
- Helpful Intent Form Information
Rules and Regulations:
State law requires that home school students test each year. Currently students in grades 3-9 test. Parents/legal guardians that are registered for the current school year will receive written notification of the test dates, times and site.
Related Links Disclaimer: The Arkansas Department of Education (ADE) does not endorse the educational information offered by the organizations listed under the Related Links on this page. The links are provided to assist you with information regarding the home schooling of your child(ren). The ADE is not responsible for the content of any educational material received through these organizations. Please contact these organizations for additional information.
For more information, please contact:
- Distinctions Among Selected Virtual/Digital Options Posted 11/10/2014 pdf
- Correspondence Courses Posted 6/4/2014 pdf
- Fact Sheet on Home Schooling Posted 6/4/2014 pdf
- Websites for General Information Posted 6/4/2014 pdf
- Home School Curriculum Providers Posted 6/4/2014 pdf
- Home School Reports Posted 9/11/2012
- Statewide Home School Support Groups Posted 5/1/2012 pdf