The Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) requires a participating Local Educational Agency (LEA) to provide eligible children attending private elementary and secondary schools, their teachers, and their families with Title I services or other benefits that are equitable to those provided to eligible public school children, their teachers, and their families.
These services are considered to be assistance to students and teachers and not to private schools.
For more information, please contact:
- Sample Letter of Notification to Private Schools Posted 4/6/2012 file
- Equitable Services for Private Schools Posted 4/2/2012 file
- Timeline for the Provision of Services Posted 3/26/2012 file
- Affirmation of Consultation with Private School Officials Posted 1/2/2012 doc
- Providing Services to Private School Children - Non-Regulatory Guidance Posted 10/17/2003 doc