The Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) requires a participating Local Educational Agency (LEA) to provide eligible children attending private elementary and secondary schools, their teachers, and their families with Title I services or other benefits that are equitable to those provided to eligible public school children, their teachers, and their families.
These services are considered to be assistance to students and teachers and not to private schools.
For more information, please contact:
- Affirmation of Consultation with Private School Officials Posted 8/28/2014 doc
- Sample Private Schools “Letter of Intent” to Participate Posted 8/28/2014 doc
- Timeline for the Provision of Services Posted 8/28/2014 xls
- Worksheet to Determine Equitable Services Posted 8/28/2014 xls
- Equitable Services for Private Schools Posted 4/2/2012 file
- Providing Services to Private School Children - Non-Regulatory Guidance Posted 10/17/2003 doc