Distance learning provides a positive way of addressing teacher availability in Arkansas while providing quality educational opportunities to students anywhere in the state.
The list of available classes and periods for the 2008-2009 school year may be accessed online through the Distance Learning Portal. All courses will be delivered using Compressed Video technology and are Web-based.
Distance Learning Focus Areas:
- To help alleviate the increasing shortage of available qualified teachers.
- To provide additional course scheduling opportunities of students currently forced to choose between courses that are scheduled infrequently or concurrently.
- To provide an opportunity for students to access an enriched curriculum and additional courses beyond those mandated by the Standards for Accreditation of Arkansas Public Schools.
- To develop and make available online professional development and instructional resources for all teachers and administrators.
Distance Learning State Providers
For more information, please contact:
Arkansas Department of Education
K-12 Distance Learning
101 Bulldog Drive
Plumerville, AR 72127
- ADE "Rules Governing Standards for Accreditation of Arkansas Public Schools and School Districts" (July 2009) Posted 5/17/2012 pdf
- School Level Performance Descriptors for Arkansas' Standards and Indicators for School Improvement (SISI) Posted 4/17/2012 pdf
- 2008-2009 Distance Learning State Providers Posted 5/17/2012 pdf