|The Teacher Induction/ Mentoring program is designed to provide a novice teacher the support, assistance, and encouragement of a site-based, trained mentor in order for the novice teacher to learn the skills he or she needs to become an effective, knowledgeable teacher.|
|Having the support of a mentor builds a foundation of confidence and expertise benefiting the novice teacher and students for years to come.|
A novice teacher is defined as any licensed teacher of record with less than one school year of classroom teaching experience in a public school, other Arkansas agency, or organization requiring an Arkansas Educator's License. The classroom teaching experience does not include student internship or substitute teaching.
The goal of mentoring is to provide continuous professional growth for the novice teacher. Mentors assist the novice teacher in the development of the professional growth plan; identification and celebration of strength areas; procurement of resources (both human and material); and identification of professional development opportunities.
Click here to learn more about mentor qualifications or contact your school district Mentoring Project Director.
For more information, please contact:
Arkansas Department of Education
Office of Educator Effectiveness
Four Capitol Mall, Room 101-A
Little Rock, AR 72201
- AIMM Glossary of Terms Posted 7/1/2014 pdf
- Project Director Timeline 2014-2015 Posted 7/1/2014 pdf
- Arkansas Induction Mentoring Model FAQs Posted 7/1/2014 pdf
- AR Mentor Qualifications Posted 7/1/2014 pdf
- AIMM Mentor Recommendation Form Posted 7/1/2014 pdf
- School District Induction Assurances Form Posted 7/1/2014 pdf
- W-9 Form Posted 7/22/2013 pdf