TESS Training Materials and Resources for Administrators
During the spring and summer of 2013, all administrators in Arkansas were required to attend a one-day training for the Teacher Evaluation Support System (TESS). The documents listed below represent the content of the training notebooks.
- Law and Process PowerPoint for Administrators - May 20, 2014
- TESS Teacher Tracks - May 8, 2014
- Danielson's PowerPoint for Administrators
- Smart Card for Administrators
- Instructions to obtain an Individual Teachscape Focus Account
Evaluation Proficiency Assessment Information
The Framework for Teaching by Charlotte Danielson provides the foundation for the Arkansas Teacher Excellence and Support System (TESS). Teachscape partnered with Charlotte Danielson and Educational Testing Service (ETS) to develop FOCUS (formerly known as FfTPS), a software that provides district evaluators with comprehensive training and scoring practice, followed by a scientifically designed assessment of ability to accurately and consistently apply the Danielson rubric for teaching performance. All administrators who will conduct summative evaluations of teacher will complete the training and pass a proficiency assessment using the FOCUS system. Assessment Information will provide details about preparation for and passing the required online assessment for teacher evaluators.
- Teachscape TESS Administrator - PowerPoint - May 20, 2014
- Teachscape Technical Support Information
- Teachscape Domain Names and IP Addresses
- Teachscape Minimum System Requirements
- Best Practices for Proficiency Assessment
- Proficiency Assessment Overview