TESS Training Materials and Resources
During the spring and summer of 2013, all administrators in Arkansas were required to attend a one-day training for the Teacher Evaluation Support System (TESS). The documents listed below represent the content of the training notebooks.
- Law and Process PowerPoint for Administrators
- TESS Law
- ADE Rules Governing TESS
- TESS Teacher Tracks
- TESS Strategic Implementation Plan and Trainings Calendar
- TESS Training Timeline
- Teacher Evaluation Training Implementation
- Danielson's PowerPoint for Administrators
- Smart Card for Administrators
- Instructions to obtain an Individual Teachscape Focus Account
Additionally, all teachers in Arkansas’ public and charter schools received training on the Teacher Excellence and Support System (TESS) law and process. Every school building was allowed to send one person to the TESS training during the spring of 2013 who then facilitated a three (3) hour, face-to-face training for teachers.
- Planning Document for Training Implementation
- Teacher Support Training Checklist
- Agenda for Three Hour Training in Schools
- TESS Law and Process PowerPoint for Teachers
- Danielson’s PowerPoint for Teachers
- Smart Card for Teachers
- Bloom’s Stems
- Teacher Training Reflection Form
- AR Focus License for Teachers (beginning June 1, 2014)
Evaluation Proficiency Assessment Information
The Framework for Teaching by Charlotte Danielson provides the foundation for the Arkansas Teacher Excellence and Support System (TESS). Teachscape partnered with Charlotte Danielson and Educational Testing Service (ETS) to develop FOCUS (formerly known as FfTPS), a software that provides district evaluators with comprehensive training and scoring practice, followed by a scientifically designed assessment of ability to accurately and consistently apply the Danielson rubric for teaching performance. All administrators who will conduct summative evaluations of teacher will complete the training and pass a proficiency assessment using the FOCUS system. Assessment Information will provide details about preparation for and passing the required online assessment for teacher evaluators.
- Teachscape TESS Administrator - PowerPoint
- Teachscape Technical Support Information
- Teachscape Domain Names and IP Addresses
- Teachscape Minimum System Requirements
- Best Practices for Proficiency Assessment
- Proficiency Assessment Overview
Training Materials for Framework Components
The Framework for Teaching Effectiveness Series (FFTES) is the Teachscape application for training Arkansas teachers in Framework for Teaching rubric by Charlotte Danielson. All teachers will access FFTES through the AETN/IDEAS portal. If an Arkansas public school teacher does not have an active user account, she or he should call 1-800-488-6689 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to access Teachscape through IDEAS.
The Arkansas Department of Education has also created training presentations and facilitation guides to provide educators additional materials and resources and the opportunity for ongoing professional to deepen the understanding of the Framework for Teaching, the foundation for TESS. Please click here to access the presentations and guides.