TESS Evaluation Forms
The Framework for Teaching is the foundation for TESS; however, educators may find supplemental resources helpful in the implementation of TESS. The Arkansas Department of Education has provided documents to assist districts, but districts may choose to create some of their own documents.
- Pre-Conference Questions: This form is a basis for the meeting between the teacher and evaluator before the Formal Observation.
- Post Conference Questions: (Revised 12-13-13) This form is a guide for the teacher and evaluator meeting following a Formal Observation.
- TESS Evidence Scripting Form (Revised 11-26-13)
- Observation Evidence Collection Form
- Informal Observation Form: This form may be used during an informal observation, an announced or unannounced classroom visit, to document teacher performance or progress on identified components of the Professional Growth Plan. This form also allows the administrator to document evidence and to provide feedback to the teacher based on the observation. This form is interactive to allow the administrator to record and document performance electronically.
- Pre-Summative Evaluation Questions: If teachers have received a ‘Basic’ or ‘Unsatisfactory’ rating earlier in the year, evaluators may use this document before completing the Summative Evaluation.
- AR TESS Teacher Formative Evaluation/Self Assessment Evaluation Form: (Revised 8-5-13) The Formative Evaluation/Self-Assessment Form will be used by administrators to document performance on formal and/or informal observations throughout the year. Administrators will provide feedback to teachers based on performance and may choose to rate overall domain performance at various times during the year, based on observed evidence. Using the Formative Evaluation Form, administrators may choose to evaluate teachers on some or all components during the year. Administrators may also wish to describe areas for commendation, document growth, and identify needs for additional support. Formative evaluation data will be kept and used at the end of the year to provide data for summative ratings. The Self-Assessment Form may be used by educators as a diagnostic and professional development tool. During the interim appraisal cycle, the Self-Assessment Form may be used by teachers to reflect on data and current practice to analyze levels of performance and to identify areas for focused improvement. This form may also help new educators create a professional growth plan or prepare for a conference with the evaluator.
- AR TESS Teacher Summative Evaluation Form: (Revised 8-5-13) The summative evaluation form will be used by administrators to document a teacher’s overall performance for teachers in a summative evaluation track. The result of a teacher's annual performance, based on evidence for all twenty-two components in the evaluation framework, will be derived from all observations, artifacts, and evidence of progress throughout the year. Component ratings will be identified on the Summative Evaluation Form for each of the twenty-two components and used to calculate the overall domain ratings by using the Summative Scoring Worksheet. Summative scores will be calculated (using the Summative Scoring Worksheet) for domain and overall ratings. Overall ratings will be reviewed during the Summative Evaluation Conference. The Summative Scoring Worksheet should accompany the Summative Evaluation Form during the final conference. The Summative Evaluation Form will also provide the teacher with feedback regarding areas of commendation and areas for improvement.
- AR TESS Teacher Summative Scoring Worksheet: (New 8-5-13) The summative scoring worksheet should be used with the summative evaluation form to calculate a summative evaluation rating. Based on administrator data input, this worksheet calculates the average of the components in each domain and determines the overall rating based on the domain scores. The scoring document should accompany the teacher's final summative evaluation form and be used to determine the overall rating based on formal and informal observation results, related artifacts, and evidence of growth recorded during the year's formative evaluations. This form should only be used for overall summative ratings at the end of the year.
TESS Specialist Documents
- Gifted Coordinator Documents
- Instructional Specialist Documents
- Library Media Specialist Documents
- School Counselor Documents
- School Psychologist Documents