Teacher Cadets Program
"I encourage all school districts and educator preparation programs to get involved and support this statewide effort to build a talented pipeline of future educators. It's an exciting opportunity for us all." - Misty Harp, Teacher Recruitment and Retention Program Advisor
The Arkansas Teacher Cadets Program is a nationally recognized high school teacher recruitment program aimed at attracting the best and brightest students to the teaching profession. The Program provides a curriculum-based, hands-on approach to educate students on the requirements to become a successful teacher and enables students to put their knowledge to work through a classroom internship.
The mission of the program is to encourage academically able students who possess exemplary interpersonal and leadership skills to consider teaching as a career. It provides the opportunity for schools and districts to identify and recruit homegrown teachers and educators, providing a gateway for these academically talented students to return to their communities as education professionals. Teacher Cadets is a rigorous college level, dual credit accrual course. For a student to be eligible to enroll in the Teacher Cadets course, candidates must have a “B” average and successfully complete the application and selection process.
For more information, please contact:
- Arkansas Teacher Cadets Program Overview Posted 9/19/2014 pdf
- Teacher Cadets Application Packet Posted 2/27/2014 pdf
- Teacher Cadets Guidelines Posted 2/27/2014 pdf
- KARK Gives ADE Gold Medal Givers Award Posted 1/16/2014
- Three School Districts Pilot Teacher Cadets Program Posted 1/6/2014 pdf
- Teacher Cadets Curriculum Posted 12/20/2013 pdf