National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
Arkansas Candidate Support Program for NBCT
Act 1060 of 2001 as amended by Act 1803 of 2003 authorizes and funds the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE) to provide a support program for teachers who wish to become National Board Certified Teachers (NBCT) by paying the initial application fee for a candidate to the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards and in other ways. Current Rules and Regulations amplify Act 1060.
The ADE provides orientations for public school teachers, library media specialists, and school counselors interested in National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) Certification candidacy. To be eligible to apply for state fee assistance, participation in an online orientation is required. The 2014-2015 online orientation will be available from this web page in May 2014.
NBCT Employment Verification Procedure
Arkansas National Board Certified Teachers are required to create and maintain a profile in the online Arkansas Teacher Licensure Accountability System (ATLAS) to verify employment for each year's state bonus. All NBCT records, including employment eligibility, will be recorded in ATLAS.
For more information, please contact:
Michael Rowland, Public School Program Advisor
Arkansas Department of Education
Office of Educator Effectiveness
Four Capitol Mall, Room 107-A
Little Rock, AR 72201
- ATLAS Instructions for NBCT Employment Verification Posted 1/29/2014 pdf
- Arkansas Public School NBPTS Incentives Posted 9/18/2013 pdf
- All 2012-13 AR NBCTs Posted 3/27/2013 file
- 2012 NBPTS National Press Release Posted 3/27/2013 pdf
- Rules Governing National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Posted 5/21/2012 pdf
- Rules Governing Eligibility and Incentives for Certified Speech/Language Pathologists Posted 5/21/2012 pdf
- What is National Board Teacher Certification?
- What is expected of candidates for National Board Certification?
- Is there a bonus for National Board Certified Teachers in Arkansas?
- What is the cost of National Board Candidacy?
- How does a candidate apply for Full State Funding?
- Who is eligible to apply for Full State Funding for the NBCT application fee?
- Is National Board Certification renewable?