National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
Arkansas Candidate Support Program for NBCT
Act 1060 of 2001 as amended by Act 1803 of 2003 authorizes and funds the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE) to provide a support program for teachers who wish to become National Board Certified Teachers (NBCT) by paying the initial application fee for a candidate to the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards and in other ways. Current Rules and Regulations amplify Act 1060.
2014 ADE Funding for NBPTS Candidacy
The 2014 ADE funding application is currently available. The funding application, scoring rubrics, and informative presentations are available below:
- 2014 NBPTS candidacy and funding information
- 2014 ADE funding application
- Scoring rubric: Content
- Scoring rubric: Writing
- Educator Rater Form may be found at the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Educator_Rater_Form
Email the above link to each of the following:
- One (1) current professional colleague
- One (1) parent or guardian of a current student
- Principal or supervisor
- One (1) other administrator or supervisor who is familiar with your ability
The Office of Educator Effectiveness must receive all four (4) online rater forms and a complete ADE funding application postmarked no later than MONDAY, JUNE 30, 2014.Mail to: NBPTS Program Advisor Office of Educator Effectiveness Four Capitol Mall, Room 107-A Little Rock, AR 72201
Do not mail application components separately. Late applications will not be scored.
NBCT Employment Verification Procedure
Arkansas National Board Certified Teachers are required to create and maintain a profile in the online Arkansas Teacher Licensure Accountability System (ATLAS) to verify employment for each year's state bonus. All NBCT records, including employment eligibility, will be recorded in ATLAS.
For more information, please contact:
Misty Harp, Public School Program Advisor
Arkansas Department of Education
Office of Educator Effectiveness
Four Capitol Mall, Room 107-A
Little Rock, AR 72201
- Arkansas Public School NBPTS Incentives Posted 4/28/2014 pdf
- ATLAS Instructions for NBCT Employment Verification Posted 1/29/2014 pdf
- 2012 NBPTS National Press Release Posted 3/27/2013 pdf
- Rules Governing National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Posted 5/21/2012 pdf
- Rules Governing Eligibility and Incentives for Certified Speech/Language Pathologists Posted 5/21/2012 pdf
- What is National Board Certification?
- What is expected of Candidates for National Board Certification?
- Is there a bonus for National Board Certified Teachers in Arkansas?
- What is the cost of National Board Candidacy?
- How does a candidate apply for Full State Funding?
- Who is eligible to apply for Full State Funding for the NBCT application fee?
- Is National Board Certification renewable?
- Can I complete certification in one year?