National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
Arkansas Candidate Support Program for NBCT
Act 1060 of 2001 as amended by Act 1803 of 2003 authorizes and funds the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE) to provide a support program for teachers who wish to become National Board Certified Teachers (NBCT) by paying the initial application fee for a candidate to the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards and in other ways. Current Rules and Regulations amplify Act 1060.
NBCT Employment Verification Procedure
Arkansas National Board Certified Teachers are required to create and maintain a profile in the online Arkansas Teacher Licensure Accountability System (ATLAS) to verify employment for each year's state bonus. All NBCT records, including employment eligibility, will be recorded in ATLAS.
For more information, please contact:
Barbara Culpepper, Public School Program Manager
Vanessa Holt, Administrative Specialist III
Arkansas Department of Education
Office of Educator Effectiveness
Four Capitol Mall, Room 107-A
Little Rock, AR 72201
Telephone: 501-682-6349 or 501-371-1580
- 2014 Arkansas National Board Certified Teachers Posted 12/2/2014 xls
- Arkansas Public School NBPTS Incentives Posted 4/28/2014 pdf
- ATLAS Instructions for NBCT Employment Verification Posted 1/29/2014 pdf
- 2012 NBPTS National Press Release Posted 3/27/2013 pdf
- Rules Governing National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Posted 5/21/2012 pdf
- Rules Governing Eligibility and Incentives for Certified Speech/Language Pathologists Posted 5/21/2012 pdf
- What is National Board Certification?
- What is expected of Candidates for National Board Certification?
- Is there a bonus for National Board Certified Teachers in Arkansas?
- What is the cost of National Board Candidacy?
- How does a candidate apply for Full State Funding?
- Who is eligible to apply for Full State Funding for the NBCT application fee?
- Is National Board Certification renewable?
- Can I complete certification in one year?