Beginning Administrator Program
The State Board of Education approved the Arkansas Standards for Licensure of Beginning Administrators in May 1996. Developed by a committee of practicing Arkansas administrators, and based on the Standards for School Leaders developed by the Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium (ISLLC), the Arkansas standards focused on improving educational leadership.
The ISLLC standards were revised in 2008, and the new ISLLC 2008 Standards were adopted by the State Board of Education in 2009. Each standard includes performance-based elements. Arkansas standards and competencies have been developed from the ISLLC 2008 Standards for building-level and district leaders. The standards also serve to guide educational leadership preparation programs in Arkansas's universities and professional development in educational leadership.
The Arkansas Building and District Leaders evaluation system (excluding Superintendents) became known as the Leader Excellence and Development System (LEADS) in January 2014. Beginning in the 2014-2015 school year, school districts will implement LEADS.
Beginning Administrator Online Mentoring Modules
The Beginning Administrator (BA) Mentoring Program consists of online modules in Arkansas MOODLE. BAs may choose a minimum of four (4) modules which support their job roles and Professional Growth Plan (PGP). The mentor and BA will collaborate as the BA works to complete each module. The modules are designed to be relevant to the administrator’s role. More modules will continue to be added to give BAs a greater selection.
View the tutorials below for the online mentoring modules and creating/updating ATLAS profiles. The videos explain the step-by step process to begin using the online modules.
For more information, please contact:
- BA/Mentor Information 2014-2015 Posted 11/26/2014 file
- SLLA/SSA Reimbursement Form Posted 9/4/2014 pdf
- Beginning Administrator FAQs Posted 7/3/2014 pdf
- Beginning Administrator Mentor Qualifications Posted 7/3/2014 pdf
- Beginning Administrator Mentoring Glossary Posted 7/3/2014 pdf
- Project Director Timeline 2014-2015 Posted 7/1/2014 pdf
- School District Induction Assurances Form Posted 7/1/2014 pdf
- Rules Governing Educator Licensure Posted 11/17/2013 pdf
- Beginning Administrator Mentoring Collaboration Posted 10/18/2013 pdf
- W-9 Form Posted 7/22/2013 pdf
- Standards for School Administrators in Arkansas Posted 2/4/2013 pdf