Waiver Request Forms
Waiver Request Forms, for educators employed out of their licensure area, are also commonly referred to as working under an (ALP) Additional Licensure Plan.
- Waiver request forms are filed with the Office of Educator Licensure for each educator that is employed out of their licensure area by the school district.
- Waiver request forms must be filed within 30 days of employment in the out of area assignment.
- Waiver request forms must be filed each year the Educator is employed out of their licensure area.
- An educator may be employed out of their licensure area for up to three years
- Policies and procedures for educators employed under a waiver can be found in the Rules Governing Educator Licensure.
- Policies and procedures for districts obtaining a waiver for teachers who will be teaching outside of the greade level or subject area they are licensed to teach for more than thirty consecutive days in the same class during a school year are outlined in the Rules Governing Educator Licensure.
Waivers for Substitute Teachers
School districts may file a waiver request for a long-term substitute teacher using the form provided under related files of this section.
A long-term substitute teacher is someone who takes the place of the contracted teacher for longer than thirty (30) consecutive days and must hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or be licensed to teach by the state of Arkansas.
School district administrators are encouraged to consult the Rules Governing Educator Licensure provided under related files of this section.
For more information, please contact:
- Rules for Educator Licensure with Emergency Licensure Rules Posted 12/12/2012 pdf
- Waiver Request Form Posted 3/16/2011 pdf
- Individual Teacher Plan to become Highly Qualified Posted 3/11/2011 pdf
- Long Term Substitute Teacher of More Than 30 Days Waiver Request Posted 9/1/2012 pdf