Educator Licensure Unit
The Office of Educator Licensure is responsible for the licensure of all Arkansas educators and provides technical assistance to educators who are licensing for the first time through an Arkansas college/university, or through a Non-Traditional Licensure Program, renewing their Arkansas educator license, adding additional areas of licensure to a current educator license and licensing by reciprocity from another state.
Technical assistance is also provided to educators regarding the background checks that are required for an Arkansas educator license.
For more information, please contact:
- Educator Licensure Application (2013) Posted 1/1/2013 pdf
- Approved Educator Preparation Programs (IHE Matrix) Posted 2/7/2013 xls
- New Areas and Levels of Licensure by Code Number (2013) Posted 2/13/2013 pdf
- Levels and Areas of Licensure (2013) Posted 1/1/2013 pdf
- Rules for Educator Licensure with Emergency Licensure Rules Posted 12/12/2012 pdf
- Professional Education Unit Leaders and Licensure Officers 2013-2014 Posted 6/18/2013 pdf
- Critical Academic Licensure Shortage Areas for 2012-2013 School Year Posted 4/16/2013 pdf